Pleinair today


Had off today...and it was a gorgeous bluesky, hot but a little breeze. I packed my watercolor bag, filled up some water bottles... sprayed on bug juice and headed for the back field....

I have to go through a wooded area..and through a fence... which opens up into a gorgeous field of golden grass, surrounded by trees... it was like going through the wardrobe in the Narnia books.... the field was so peaceful..only the sounds of birds, crickets...and wind.... oh... and I had the whole day to paint...

Even the smell was grass.. the Queen Anns lace was streching high... and the red wing black birds were entertaining me with songs...

The little shack I painted was a donkey shed once.. donkeys were kept in these fields long ago... now it is a sanctuary of peace... a lovely place...
I also took off to the art garden...but even though it was a lovely place... I did not find it as inspiring as the field....
I was glad to finally get out and paint... hope to do more this summer.... want to come with me?... it sure is relaxing!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would LOVE to come with you and paint sometime. These are gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Popular Posts