My Day Off

I had last Friday off, so I decided to stay home and paint. First things first, quiet time in the garden with a good cup of tea, and some good painting books.


I worked again on the sun flowers and gold finches, the first one was done on the back of an old painting. I use every white space, no waste in my studio. I often work out paintings in my sketch book and sometimes they are better than the final. I know why, because I am freer to paint, not nervous about wasting paper. This one was done in my sketch book, but will try to do it again, and maybe put a bird in it....

I think these two... need a story to go with them, maye I can get my grandkids to make up one. ..

. It was a great day... in the studio...

and in the garden.

Comments

Unknown said…
What a beautiful post! I'm glad you had such a lovely time to sit in the garden. Your pictures are stunning! I love the birds in them!
Just Me said…
I am giving this blogging world a try. I just started and am having fun with it!

Popular Posts