Things I Do

As I was reading this morning, I thought, here is another thing I do in my day .... I get up early... and read an hour before going to work... After getting dressed.. I make a lovely pot of tea..and carry it to my bedroom, where I can sit and look out the window... and in the quiet of the morning I feast my soul on beautiful words.....
I read the Psalms everyday...and pages from a favorite book..... A Blossom in the Desert...
Writings by Lilias Trotter, who was an incredible artist, that lived in the 1800's. She left her blossoming career as an artist to go to North Africa and be a missionary. Her biography is wonderful....but her watercolors of her experience there are precious...along with her writings...
I have tried to share some here...and sorry they are sideways... can't figure out how to change it... but you get the idea :).... I am also reading , The Life of David, by A. W. Pink.... excellent reading...
This is a very special time of my day... it fills me up...and refreshes my heart... so I am ready to meet the Chaotic day ahead.... the silence and communication with my Creator in the early morning is my most favorite thing I do....

Comments

Popular Posts