Things I do

Painting is my favorite thing I do...it is where I can express what is deepest within..there is nothing like getting some thought on paper in full color and texture....but I also do another fun thing.......
Wedding flowers.... now I only do them for special people, family and dear friends... cause it is a very specialized job...that takes time and much thought.. Many hours discussing what flowers, how many, where they will go, what colors... etc... .
Sometimes I do little watercolors just to see the colors..and how it might look... that is always fun, then I can keep a record.. I don't know how many I have done...but I started doing them when my daughters got married. I did their flowers. Now that was really intense, because I was
cutting flowers and tying bows, just before I had to be ushered in and sit down....but I love it, so I do it.... each wedding is different and so the flowers are all different, not one is alike... always to the brides liking...
This next wedding is in 3 weeks ... I have already ordered the flowers...and now collecting buckets, will be purchasing ribbon and supplies and getting the room set up . It has to be a cold room, somewhere air conditioned... sometimes we use the frig.to store the bouquets... ..which means all food goes into coolers...
It gets to be a real intense scene. flowers everywhere and all hands on deck to help..I will try to remember to take pictures of the process to show.you :) .... This wedding will be in shades of blues... looking forward to it....
..

Comments

Mary Bouyett said…
And the wedding flowers turned out gorgeous! They added such an air of romantic beauty to the evening...and it was all even better because they were made with love! <3

Popular Posts