Autumn friends


I was outside again today...just enjoying the fall weather, the golden leaves and picking the last of the cherry tomatoes... took a walk with my dog and Emily... .. We just have to catch these last gorgeous days of color... and enjoy it to the fullest!!! Meanwhile our little furry friends are busy as ever collecting nuts and burying them as fast as they can.... or they are trying to get to my bird feeders and gorge themselves before the day ends.... I located a feeder very near my kitchen window... to enjoy the birds... but always I have a squirrel on the windowsill peeking in at me .... I hope to get a picture of him this winter.... but this painting is close to what he looks like :).... wish they could talk...:)

I really enjoy watching them... so I just had to try and paint one...or two.... the one below was a memory sketch of the one I saw this week.... huddled under his tail... it was a cold rainy day... This was an attempt at tracing the leaves , and getting a layered effect, like we see them on the ground... .. I have so enjoyed the fall... as I always do.. each year I never get tired of the colors...

It is a challenge for an artist to really catch it on paper... but it is fun to try... enjoy your week... remember to catch the beauty around you... it is fleeting...


stop and enjoy it!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wish they could talk? they can! I love the paintings! What a cute face.

Popular Posts