Amazing Monarch

I will miss these gorgeous insects decorating my garden... they are headed south. On a pilgrimage. One they make twice. Each year at the end of October they all end up right near the border of Mexico. This is a unique and amazing display of color, I hear... and you probably could find a picture of it on the web. They travel in groups of 20 million!, and they arrive in forests to mate and to hibernate. Their trip is 3,100 miles long and they only weigh 1 gram..... wow.... I can only think how Great Is Our God.... to create such a lovely tiny creature.... with a big agenda!!!
These are my favorites.... the house wren...they have been visiting my garden all summer, with their lovely melodious song in the early morning and the evening. I love the way they flit about and are very curious... I also love their color :) maybe because my hair is the same color :)
These two pictures remind me of my favorite Psalm...
Psalm 84
How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even a sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself where she may have her young a place near your altar.....
..... (and the Monarch)
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage, .......they go from strength to strength......
Good bye Monarch...
we will trumpet your return next summer.....

Comments

Unknown said…
the monarch painting is so beautiful. It looks like there are shadows of towering trees falling across the monarch and the leaves. Really neat, mom!

Popular Posts