My Teacher

Here we are in the Winslow studio in Vermont, my Teacher, Karen... who is my beloved sister-in-law. how cool is that? I had personal teaching for 2 weeks.. We are experimenting with gouache and watercolor. It was a fun evening. Sometimes we worked until dark...very late.
Karen is showing me how to use the gouache... she uses colored charcoal paper...

Here we are in CT... we drove down to visit the gallery we both have our paintings in...Sylvan Gallery, Clinton CT. It was a gorgeous evening... we looked for places to paint the next day. OH... I was so lovin the salt water!!!

Here we are painting the marshes... it was much greener..and the sky was so spectacular..it was hard to catch the lighting..it changed so fast.


This last photo is my mom.... ... she was my first teacher... she was the one that inspired me to pick up the brush and paint the beauty around me..... Thanks Mom!





Comments

Heather L. said…
It's so fun to see all your pictures. It looks like it was such a terrific time. I'm so glad.
Amy K said…
It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I enjoyed seeing your pictures also.
DEE,
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOUR NEW POST---YOUR PAINTINGS ARE BEAUTIFUL...WHAT TALENT...WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU......SYLVIA

Popular Posts