Where do you get Inspiration?

 Often I ask other Artists.... where do go for inspiration?.... We are all different...but these are a few of my secrets.... and sometimes I don't know where it will come from....but looking for it is key... 

I think getting out of the studio and spending time with people that inspire you and challenge you, my grandchildren light my fire...and cause creativity to flow out in wonderful ways... I love painting with them and getting them excited about picking up brush and color...they are so free and unafraid of what happens to the paint on the paper...and it is all so fun.... .


 Went to the Art Museum this week..... twice... with two good friends... looking at the Masters....the ones you love is always a great way to get inspiration... go up close and study the brush strokes...talk about the color...the light, the subject... it is fun... you learn so much... 
 Here is Merrit Chase... one of my favorite artists... he was Indiana born...studied in Europe, and painted in NYC...and painted much out on Long Island....where I grew up... maybe that is why I like Him so much..... 
 here is T.C. Steel... fabulous portrait... light and textures that dazzle you and cause you to stand and just admire it... 
another trick of mine is to get a new tool... a new brush, or here I bought some new ink pens...and have had a wonderful time sketching with them... especially since the landscape now in the winter is mostly beautiful silhouettes of naked trees..perfect for pen and in... .So get out of the studio... and search for beauty... it's out there in many forms... let me know what inspires your work...  

Comments

Popular Posts