Memorial Day....

 It's Memorial Day weekend here in Indy...the big race... and a time to remember those who are fighting,and have fought..and have given the ultimate sacrifice...their life for our Freedom.. been thinking of them all weekend... Praying for those who have lost loved ones...how hard it must be... Thanking God for being able to live in a country that is free... but it has cost much for this freedom... let us never forget that.. someone paid .
 I had Sat, Sun..and now Monday ...off.. a rare jewel in my schedule.... I used it well. Spent time with my daughters shopping for a Wedding dress for the youngest... too fun was that!! Time spent with grand kids, and Today worked in the gardens... and now time to think...to paint..to enjoy the quiet..
 After working in the garden... I always get my reward... a bouquet of flowers and greens..and scatter them around the house.... and then... try to paint them... 
 We have planted lots of cutting flowers this spring.. so I am looking forward to many bouquets to paint and
 to give away... 
Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend...and you are Thankful for the blessings of Freedom...

Comments

Popular Posts