The New Brush

My Son in Law went to Japan in April... and I asked him to bring me a Japanese paint brush, well he did... and that opened a new world to me... I began to read about Japanese ink painting and
discovered such delightful things...and learning how to use the brush has enhanced my own brush work... So...if you are looking for a good way to practice and learn great brush technique , I highly recommend the Japanese style...or even Chinese.. very similar. You have to get their kind of brush....
The whole concept is simplicity of design and stroke of each mark... I found books in the library and even tutorials on line... even though I do not have the ink... I have been using my watercolor paints...and it works...
I hope to be teaching my grandchildren how to use their brushes.... they also received a Japanese brush .... can't wait to see what they will do.. I promise to post it..

Comments

Karen Winslow said…
Dee, This is wonderful!! You are such an inspiration!! Keep up the great work!!

Popular Posts