For the love of Sheep

My cousin, Nina Fuller has a sheep farm in Hollis Maine, one of my favorite places to go! And all the sheep I paint are her sheep. Scottish Black Face sheep. Nina is a worl renown photographer and takes incredibly beautiful pictures of these sheep... And of course it inspires me to pick up my brush and capture again the beauty. This is only a few of the many paintings and illustrations I have done. Sheep have always reminded me of my relationship to God, I am a sheep in his pasture , The Lord is my Shepherd. I also love painting farm life .. Always a challenge to get the animals to stay still. Life on the farm is peaceful, a spiritual journey, a wonderful place to be. I love visiting Nina, and pitching in with all the chores, knowing the place helps to paint it better 

Comments

Popular Posts